Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Old Friends

I was having a blah day today. It started out with a cranky boy, and he managed to raise my blood pressure levels to unknown heights! The girl was fine, but mildly constipated, which made her cry randomly when pain hit. Even though I went to MOPS this morning, I still felt blah. Unloved. Missing all my friends. Then I got an e-mail from my friend, Erin. She has also moved twice this year. However, she moved from California to New York, then from New York to London. While I envy the fun and exciting places she's been able to live, I could empathize with her frustrations about moving with 2 children. I understand how hard it is to make friends and find a new church. It's hard to have to learn new surroundings. I know how hard it is to get organized in a new house - twice! But I didn't have to live in temporary housing while searching for a place to live (although I did endure 5 months in a crappy split-level!). It was so nice to get your e-mail, Erin! I loved hearing about your crazy move and new set up in the UK. I will write back! Thanks again. You made my day!

No comments: