Monday, September 14, 2009

Caitlin and the Dime

Tonight, as I was putting her diaper on for bed, Caitlin looked up at me with big, sorrowful eyes and said "Mommy, I don't want to talk to you." I wasn't sure why she would say that, so I treated it lightly and said "Why, honey. Don't you like me anymore?" Caitlin answered with "I love you Mommy. I just don't want to tell you." "Tell me what, sweetie." "That I swallowed the money."

A few minutes earlier Caitlin had found a Canadian dime on the floor. We didn't come home with much change, but we did have some change on us, and the kids took to it immediately. They get money from time to time, but have not put it in their mouths (at least not that I'm aware of).

So now I have a preschooler laying up in her room with a dime in her tummy. Should I be worried? There is no after-hours pediatric nurse at the pediatric office. Should I wait until morning to call? Should I try harder to find answers? Brandon didn't do stuff like this. Then again, Caitlin hasn't either. I just don't know.

I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Jen said...

lol, thanks for the laugh, that cracked me up :) It should pass through easily.