Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Fog Free

It was a low-hanging, gray fog morning. Snow is predicted tonight into tomorrow (although yesterday was 70 degrees!). This morning, as I was driving Caitlin to Kindy-crafts, she asked what was wrong with the sidewalks and road. They were all wet, but yet it wasn't raining. I had to explain the concepts of mist and fog. It seemed odd to me that she really didn't know what fog was. Then it hit me.... she doesn't live near the ocean. She doesn't experience the ever-present fog that surrounded me during most of my childhood. Instead, she lives in Colorado. It's so dry here that we hardly get condensation on our ice-water glasses in summertime. There's never condensation on car windshields. I noticed that even thought I'd spend a considerable amount of time outside in today's mist, it wasn't even humid enough to frizz my hair. Not even a little. Funny how different our lives will be now that we're raising our children in the Colorado desert.

No comments: