Friday, March 01, 2013

(Not Deep) Thoughts

Random First World thoughts that have gone through my head today ....


I was at Dillard's today. Every now and then I see something I really like from the "Reba" line. I shake my head - I just can't bring myself to try anything on or purchase it! I'm not a little bit country (or a little bit rock and roll), not all that young, and not über fashionable, but....but...but.... I still can't do it! Maybe I think I'm just not old enough yet!

Why do the local Denver TV stations always start their programming a few minutes before the hour? First World Problem, I know, but it's still really irritating. I'm always missing the first few minutes of things.

I think the national news is formatted for commercials, not actual news.

I have several friends on Facebook who do nothing but share pictures from other FB pages. Not just a few pages, mind you, but lots and lots! One friend shares upwards of 25 pictures a day. I never really know what she's up to, but I am very caught up on weather and grocery prices in Alaska (her home state), current news, and sappy religious stories. Another "friend" only gets on FB occasionally, but when she does, she'll share 30 or more pictures in less than an hour. I've had to take these friends off my main page. I don't care if people share pictures or links, but these ones - it's too much! I know that FB is all about advertising, but I do like to see what others have been up to. Call me crazy, but that's the only reason I have an account.

Speaking of Facebook, or of Boulder, but I am sick of the the FB "preaching" that I get day after day after day after day about the dangers of processed food, non-organic produce, and cleaning products. I know these things. Seriously! I know that "fat free" means there's usually more sugar in something, and that organic produce has less pesticides. All you Norwex sellers - not every household cleaner is toxic. Ever heard of Shaklee, or 7th Generation? What on earth were you using before? There are also other microfiber cloths, also, that cost way less. I can only "hide" so many of these people. It's one thing to occasionally share your thoughts on something, but the day-in, day-out posts are starting to drive me up a wall.

Yes, I realize I can get off of Facebook at any time. I know that. But I do like it.

I'm tired of listening to "Smoke on the Water," "Dynomite," and "Rock Lobster" over and over again. Brandon, however, is not. Is this a harbinger of his teenage years?

I haven't hit my "winter wall" yet (in which I am absolutely ready for winter to be over and can't stand it any longer, but because I live in Colorado, I have to wait until mid-May for spring to start), but I am looking forward to daytime temperatures to be in the mid-40's this weekend. But it's suppose to be windy. Ugh. There are so many days in Colorado that you just don't want to be outside. Still, 45 will be warmer than the 20's and 30's we've been in for several weeks.

No comments: