Tuesday, January 19, 2010

On Turning 4

We made it! Caitlin turned 4 today. And, honestly, if I never see another cupcake again in my life, it won't be too soon.

We all talked, and decided that Caitlin's birthday this year would be celebrated outside of the house. Last year we had her party at our house, along with her friends, their siblings, and parents. That's a lot of people to host, but it would have been a very small party without everyone! This year Caitlin waffled between a Chuck-E-Cheese party and an indoor swimming pool party, finally choosing the pool. I managed to call and rent a room over Christmas break (while we were in California, no less!) for the 16th - the Saturday before her birthday. We send out an E-vite, and began preparing. She had a blast! Her happy face right here shows her joy.
Her actual birthday was today. I made arrangements to bring cupcakes to preschool. This time I got to stay with her during her little party. I wasn't able to stay at Brandon's school, which was part of a larger Christian school. That made me a little sad. I think Caitlin was happy to celebrate at her school, but I'm not sure. Maybe it was just a little overwhelming. She got to wear a birthday crown all day and was just thrilled! She asked if we could go play games at Chuck-E-Cheese after dinner, so our little family headed down to play skee-ball, and a whole host of other games before bed time. It was nice to not have to watch a whole host of other kids there, and nice to not have to eat there as well.

Happy 4th Birthday, Caitlin! I know how happy you are. This has been a big year. First you started preschool, also a big deal, and now you are finally four! I hope this year is wonderful!

No comments: