Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cash for Candy?

I got this e-mail last night from our local school:

Bring your extra and unwanted Halloween candy to school Nov. 1 - 4.

The candy will be sent to our troops serving overseas and our PTA will receive $1 for every pound of candy we collect! Last year we earned over $300!!! Let's see if we can top that total this year. The school with the biggest turnout gets a $1000 donation!

Dear school:

for one, if my kids give you their candy, they will want the money. They don't really care about the PTA or the school getting it.

Secondly, with all the e-mails we get per day/per week from the PTA, I should also get extra money to compensate for the headache caused from all the clutter in my in-box.

The conclusion of this story is ..... I don't think my kids will go for this one! Sorry PTA! I think it's going to be up to us parents to regulate the candy this time!

No comments: