Monday, December 24, 2007

Being in California

We traveled back to California last week to be with our families during Christmas. It's crazy traveling with kids, but Caitlin was much better on the flight out this time (thanks to "Toddler Tunes"). As we were walking around the neighborhood last night, looking at Christmas lights, I realized a few of things I miss about California (besides my family and friends):
flat ground
winter rain
overcast skies
humidity
evergreen trees
the variety of people who live in the state


And then there's the things I don't miss:
the housing prices
how crowded it is here
gas prices (about 60 cents cheaper per gallon in Colorado)

I'm missing the snow, but right now it's only from a viewing standpoint. Our backyard is still a winter wonderland, and will probably be one until March. I'm liking the fact that I'm not driving on sheets of ice, also known as our street, to get to the main streets that have been plowed or sanded. And I don't miss walking over the ice to get anywhere! But I do love the snow, and the variety of weather in Colorado, so I'll be happy to return to that. In a week. Not now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heh - maybe you should have kept my apartment key. you could have taken the kids to visit the cats. ;-)