Thursday, July 09, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

What is it about having a family that makes unpacking from the latest adventure such a challenge? We didn't travel light this time. We didn't have to. Plus, a store near my parent's house is going out of business, and my mom had been a frequent guest in the children's clothing department. We were warned up front! I think I've gotten through most of the laundry, but the piles and suitcases that litter my floor are horrible! Tackling the unpacking for three (four this time, for some reason) became monumental this time due to the fact that I haven't gotten more than a few hours of sleep each night since we returned. I hate when my insomnia kicks in! I lay in bed for hours, not asleep but too tired to get up and do anything. By the time I have the time to unpack, I'm almost too tired to start! Top it off with the fact that we now have a new neighborhood kid who comes by *all the time*, and I'm just not getting anything done.

Last night I think I slept. I woke up 6 or 7 times, but I think I was sleeping in between. Maybe I'll get back to a somewhat normal sleep pattern soon. I haven't slept well for a couple of years now. My goal today is to get the suitcases emptied and back in the basement. With as tired as I feel, that may not happen until the weekend!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Sorry we weren't able to see you while you were here. We'd had plans in place for some time to visit my Mom and Dad in Reno. Hope you enjoyed the event. Maybe we'll see you next time.