Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Angry Birds

Spring is here. Buds and leaves are appearing on the trees. Flowers are (kinda sorta) starting to bloom. The landscape is greening up, and we look like we live on earth instead of being trapped in some sort of gnarled tree, Tim Burtonesque movie set. Above all of that there is the sound of possibly.... the angriest birds ever! That, or we have a bird sorority living above our heads. The constant chatter every morning is a bit daunting and very loud. Usually it doesn't bother me. I'm even happy to hear it after a winter of silence. But our lack of winter meant a lack of birds. There was no missing them last winter. It seems as the bird population has significantly increased the year, and are taking advantage of their well developed vocal cords. Even Brandon noticed it on the way to school this morning. The constant fly-overs by the nest-building crew, along with the crazy early morning chirping, is getting a little old. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike birds. I just feel like I'm in a war zone every time I'm outside!

It's been a struggle to get the birds to nest in crazy places like, say, the tree, instead of the eves of roof, right above the kid's bedrooms. I'm not sure I can handle another year of nasty bird poop all over the kid's bedroom windows and screens (so unsanitary), or picking the dead birds off the yard after their flying lessons went wrong. Bleah! The kids have also voice their opinion on the subject, and would like to join me as I stand on the roof blasting water under the eves. This needs to be fixed or I'm going to get a call from CPS wondering why my kids are on the roof! On the bright side, I got to sleep in until 6:15 this morning. The reason - no birds woke me up at 5:00 am with their incessant chirping. I'm happy about that!

No comments: