Thursday, May 26, 2011

Keeping Up

Keeping up with the end of the school year is always a hard one for me. While most of my regular weekly meetings have ended, the kids are still going strong. This year my events didn't end until after May started. In previous years they've ended prior to the end of April. Although I had a lot of wrapping up to do for our meetings at the beginning of the month, I think it was easier this year because I didn't have to entertain Caitlin the few days that she's home. The last two weeks have involved end of the year projects, school functions, too many kids injures to name, and having Caitlin home more than usual. They've also involved a lot of rainy days, which lead to crabby, crazy, energetic and unexercised children! But today - it's all done! One more function for Brandon (last day picnic) and one more function for Caitlin (art show and preschool graduation)! Whew! Life is tough for a stay-at-home mom, you know.

I've also failed to update you on Brandon's tooth loss! He lost two teeth the week before Easter, and then another one last week. Luckily the tooth fairy stocked up on gold coins last month. She should be good for a little while. He is still small when compared to most kids in second grade, but growing up right before my eyes.

It's easy to tell that the kids are tired. Brandon isn't waking up to his alarm clock anymore. He stumbled downstairs yesterday after I woke him up and exclaimed that there was only one more day of early rising left! He was crabby in the morning, and very crabby in the afternoon after school. He wanted to quit going to Wednesday night AWANA soccer. Of course, after soccer he happily said he wanted to go for the next few scheduled weeks. Caitlin slept in until 9:30 yesterday, and still managed to throw in a crying fit when I told her she couldn't paint until after Brandon's class party. I, for one, am looking forward to turning off the alarm clocks for a while. I'm looking forward to my kids getting enough sleep. We get them to bed between 8:00 and 8:30, but it's still hard when little ones have to get up so early for school. 7:55 is just too early to be at school.

No comments: