Tuesday, May 03, 2011

When Mommy's Away, The Kids Will Play....

My kids have joined legions of others in the time-honored tradition of cutting their own hair. *Sigh* In our case, it's the brother and the sister cutting the sister's hair. I think. I'm not completely sure at this point, since I discovered this after Brandon had left for school. He hasn't been formally charged but, knowing Brandon, the guilty look on his face when I ask will tell me all I need to know.

I was at a meeting last night, and didn't get home until after the kids were in bed. The story I got is that last night during clean-up time, both kids joined in to chop about an inch (squared) of Caitlin's hair. It's not horrible. The girl does have short hair after all! But still! I've always trusted them with scissors. I've never had this happen. I know it'll grow out. I guess she'll just have a very short haircut this summer after we get it all evened out. This does explain the bits of hair I found laying around the house this morning. I thought I'd just been lax on my cleaning.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which would you rather? trimmed hair or trimmed curtains? (my friend Kristie's kid did both)

Ro said...

My curtains are from Target... no emotional investment there! Caitlin's hair is a good inch shorter all over now. The hairstylist cut the opposite side to match. It's a cute haircut. Suits her.