Monday, June 13, 2011

A Milestone of Sorts

In the busyness of the last few months, I forgot to mention something. We've lived in our house for over 3 1/2 years. Our move in date was October 12th or 13th, and we passed the 3 years and six months mark in April of this year. It's now June. We've been here 3 years and 8 months! This is no big deal to most people, but it does mark the longest time I have ever lived in the same house. In my whole life. In all my 41 years. The last time I even got close to this amount of time in one house was when we lived near Santa Cruz in junior high - which was around 3 years and 4 months. We were almost at 3 years in our last house in California, with no aspects of moving around in the bay area anytime soon. Until, you know, we decided to move to another state.

I've been going through my closets lately. Kind of strange because I did a big purge a few months ago - mostly outgrown kids toys, outgrown kids clothes and things I no longer love. The MOPS garage sale made a lot off of me! I brought out the kids summer clothes and stored the winter things to keep. I thought I'd done a good job, but then again, not so much. This whole 3 years and 8 months thing - it's the longest I've ever gone without a move of some sort! I feel so disorganized and overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we have, and the upkeep required to make our house clean. Of course, if the kids would just take care of their own stuff..... I do keep stumbling across items, wondering how they made it all the way out to Colorado. Right now I'm deeply in touch with the side of me that can let go of stuff. I'm trying to do as much as I can before I temporarily lose touch with her again. Or get to busy. You never know when either one of those scenarios will happen!


***I've been corrected by my mom. I guess I lived in another house in Big Sur for 3 years, 10 months. I guess I've forgot a little about my life as a 6-10 year old!

No comments: