Friday, January 13, 2012

Lego Karma

Today, on the way home from school, Big J, our neighbor, was complaining about one of the new girls on our street. He told me all about how she'd clogged the toilet at their house, then turned on the shower, and messed up his bed. He told me how his mom doesn't like her to go upstairs when she's over. This intrigued me since my kids play upstairs at his house when they're over (which isn't all that often any more). When I asked why his mom doesn't like her to go upstairs, he told me she broke his Legos. He and his mom had worked really hard on this Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull Lego set he'd gotten, and she had messed it up. Destroyed it.

Oh really?

Just like you destroyed many Lego-scapes at our house? Did this new girl drop "bombs" on them and shatter the structures to bits? Were you unable to rebuild your set because you have no idea where all the parts went? Did you ban her from your room the way I banned you from Brandon's room for a while? Did it upset you?

Is it bad that internally I'm just a little gleeful? A little immature? I should really be more adult about this, but sometimes what goes around comes around.

No comments: