Monday, December 25, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Our first Christmas with an excited child! Brandon came into our bedroom this morning at 7:45 to ask if Santa came last night (into our dark bedroom - this is a big step for him)(oh, and my apologies to all of you who's kids came in much too early!). Brandon was highly perturbed last night at the idea that Santa was going to come down our chimney and leave him presents. He told me that the fire place was for smoke, and then asked if Santa was going to break on the way down. I guess it is breaking and entering, when you really think about it. I don't know why we think it's totally normal for a jolly fat man to enter our house late at night when we're sleeping. On top of it, we leave him food! We are basically inviting him in. Then, after breaking and entering, Santa leaves presents? So not like the stories on the ten o'clock news. You can see why the whole notion had Brandon a little alarmed. However, after his first question this morning, I knew he had gotten over his fears. Now I'm a little worried about the whole Santa thing now, but I'm moving on.

Following are a few early morning pictures of the kids opening their presents at home. I'll post more later, after all our Christmas adventures. Hope your Christmas is Merry!

very excited that stuff is in his stocking!



even more excited that there are gifts under the tree


I think she gets the concept of opening presents



Must gnaw on pooh bear.....






Posting is so much more fun when I get to rock out to my new CD's. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: