Saturday, July 14, 2007

Highlights of Last Few Days

Not much going on here the last week. Here are the highlights, for those of you who are interested:

--I'm watching "Saturday Night Live," because I can. Prime time TV starts at 7:00 here, instead of 8:00. There are very few advantages to this, except that we can watch a few things, like SNL or the beginning of David Letterman, that were on too late to watch in Cali. It's summer, so there's not much on TV. Come fall, if we don't have TiVo by then, I will sorely miss my TiVo. We won't be able to watch anything we like. Seriously - who is able to sit watch a favorite show at 7:00? Or even 8:00?

---We've gotten a realtor and have looked at some houses that we can actually afford. Quite a change from our lives in the bay area. We looked at some 4 bedroom, 3 bath houses, over 2000 square feet, that are realistic possibilities. It's odd, but nice. I'm still getting use to the idea that we would live in anything that big.

--The other day, as we were walking to get the mail, Brandon told me "gravity rides cakes." Not exactly sure of what he meant, I asked him "What???????" (in the kindest possible irritated mom voice). To which he replied, "Gravity rides cakes?" I finally got it - "do you have any rice cakes?" No, but thank for confusing the heck out of your mother.

--Caitlin now cries pretty much all the time. I love wine. I hate whine. We think she's teething. We're almost up to 8 teeth now. I know - WOW! I really love my wine lately. The crying is grating down to bone level. We're not at all sure it's the teeth, but it's the only explanation we have for what's been going on all week.

--Brandon has attached strings to his toy planes, and is attaching Hot Wheels cars to the strings. He told us that his planes are the daddies, the cars are their little boys, and that the mommies died. What? Has he been watching too many Disney movies? I don't think any moms died in "Cars". Other than that, he's remained fairly sheltered from the "dead mom" line of Disney movies. Where does he get this stuff?

--On the side, the boy cars are all named Max, and the girl cars are all named Emily. Although he hasn't complained about it recently, Brandon still loves and misses his closest friends!

1 comment:

Christa said...

He may get some of his ideas from some of the kids in his preschool.
Sorry about Caitlins crying, teething can be painful......