Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

We did it. 9 years. Wow! I always knew we would.

My mom asked me if it felt like 9 years. It didn't use to feel like we'd been married a long time at all. Then the kids came. Now I feel like we've been married forever! Funny how kids change things. It's not bad. We did ask for them, and we love them dearly. But they still change everything!

It's been a whirlwind lately, hasn't it? In the last 9 months we've packed up all our stuff twice, hauled it 4 states away, and then again a mere 6 miles away, lived in 3 houses, one of which we now own, and tried our darnedest to acclimate to life in a new state. Our baby boy turned 4 and started his pre-k class, and our little 16 month old turned 2 and just talks up a storm. Your job has gotten busier, and my life involves a lot more time in the car. We miss our old life and friends, but still forge ahead. We still managed to find a good fondue place here to celebrate our anniversary. I guess some things don't change.

Thanks for the last 9 years! Here's to many, many more!

No comments: