Friday, February 08, 2008

Photo Friday

Two weekends ago Caitlin and I flew to San Jose for a quick visit, and so I could see "Little Shop of Horrors" with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I have wanted to see that play since I was 18, so flying there was a treat. It's also a treat to get to travel with only one of your children. Both my children are very active. Both can be a royal pain in the rear. And both can be very, very sweet when given alone time with mommy, and lavished with attention. Caitlin was very much that way on this trip.

We left our house at 6:30 am (way to early, but the only flight that worked). We whisked both kids out of bed, plopped them in the car with sippy cups of milk and their blankets, and drove the 35 or so miles to the airport. I decided not to change Caitlin into her clothes until after we got through security. Lo and behold, they took pity on me, seeing my "baby" in her PJ's! I got to carry her through the security line. This was a first. They've always made her walk (her first plane trip was after she started walking). I also didn't have to put her shoes on afterwards, which sped things up. I changed her in the bathroom, and we headed out. The highlights of the airport, at least in Caitlin's eyes, were going on the escalator instead of the elevator, and walking on the people movers.

Caitlin got to spend time with her Nana and Grandpa, and her aunt Jackie (a big favorite). She developed an irrational fear of the butterfly non-slip stickers in the guest bathtub, and got to celebrate her second birthday again with another cake! Cake is always a winner in our household. Here are few pictures that I got while on our weekend trip.


Changing Caitlin in the bathroom of the airport


Caitlin drinking her apple juice from the coffee cup (complete with lid and two little stirring straws) on the plane.

Mommy and Caitlin hanging out on the plane

All decked out for optimum DVD viewing (with Dad's Sennheisier noise-cancelling headphones - the only ones that fit her little head)


Attempting to blow out the candles on her cake

Frustrated that she can't blow out the candles, but determined to win by staring down the candle.


Hey! It worked! One candle gave up!




3 comments:

Christa said...

Cute pictures. I am sure Caitlin enjoyed being doted up, again on her birthday x2.

Christa said...

Doted on, spoiled again

Ro said...

Yes, Caitlin loves being the center of attention. Her favorite phrase lately is "Look at me, Mommy!" while she's usually doing something crazy!