Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Answer to the Age Old Question................

Got this one from my friend Andy. My favorite part - how it takes three times as long to do any task with kids. So true! I get up at 6:30 hoping that I can leave my house at 8:45 on days we have to be somewhere! And thanks for reminding me that I'm not insane for wanting a few moments to myself....



But, even though it's hard to keep in touch, hard to call, and hard to make sense in an e-mail due to the kid factor in my life, I think about my friends all the time. Last weekend I got the chance to spend some time with two of my favorite girlfriends. One I have some history with, and one I bonded with quicker than I've bonded with anyone in my life. Ever. It was heaven to spend time alone with them. I'll write more later, but it was too short. Moving away from them was harder than I thought it would be (especially considering how often I've moved and gone on with life). So, if you think kids and lack of time mean that friends don't count, you are wrong. So very, very wrong.

credits:
Carolyn Hax is a columnist for the Washington Post who writes a Dear Abby-style column called "Tell Me About It."

1 comment:

Christa said...

So true!