Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Payback

Dear Mom -

I don't apologize for much about my childhood. I was, after all, a child. And my memories are vague. However, I am so very sorry for playing "Big Bump". Do you remember that game? I think I did it when we lived in Big Sur. I use to put my head under the back of your shirt and follow you around the house, pretending to be a big bump (hence the original name). I remember it being nothing short of hysterical! I laughed and laughed. *Loved* playing "Big Bump"!

Last night my children decided to play their own game. They decided to stuff things in my back pockets while I was cooking stir fry. I was cutting chicken for the stir fry when the game started, so couldn't do anything about it due to my nasty poultry hands. While I was not amused, Brandon found the game nothing short of hysterical. He would hide behind me in such a way that I could barely see him when I turned my head. He found it funny to "stick" to me when I was walking around the kitchen, too. Caitlin wasn't as good at the game, being that she's only three, but found the game a hoot none-the-less. Hil-arious.

So, Mom, I am sorry for "Big Bump." I have vague recollections of you not finding the game nearly as amusing as I did, and now I can see why. I don't know how long I played "Big Bump" - weeks? months? years? But I am hoping the my kids new game of stuffing things in my back jeans pockets has already passed it's prime.

I'm not counting on it.

2 comments:

Christa said...

LOL! I had to giggle when I read this. Yes I remember the "Big Bump". Sometimes I played along other times not. I had forgotten until you mentioned it. When, where and how long I don't remember. Sometimes remembering will bring a smile to a long lost memory. Enjoy what you can, when you can. ♥ ♥ ♥

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Oh, Rochelle, that is funny. The girls have done that to me occasionally. But your apology to your mom is hilarious!!!