Monday, February 09, 2009

Windy Today

I'm not sure what the wind speed was today. I think it averaged about 45. And cold. I can deal with the cold weather here. I can deal with the heat. But the wind just drives me insane! It makes the day a miserable day, whether sun or rain.

I went to pick up Brandon at the school, and Caitlin just couldn't keep up. I was holding her hand, trying to get her to walk across the parking lot, and she started crying. It was then that I realized she was a good foot behind me, and only that close because I was holding her hand. Her slight frame was blowing backwards! I ended up having to carry her the rest of the way.

Yes, I complain a lot. Seriously, though, will these windy days ever end? Except for December, when it was very cold, and almost twenty below zero for a week, this has been a very mild winter. I haven't gotten sick of the snow or cold yet. But I am sick of this wind. It almost makes me wish for summer.

Almost.

No comments: