Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Waking Up Is Hard To Do"

The kids wanted to watch a video this morning. It was after 9:00 before we got around to breakfast, and "Live with Regis and Kelly" was on when we flipped on the television set. I was about to change the channel, since Regis gives me a headache, when I heard the dulcet tones of Neal Sedaka coming out of my television. But it wasn't "Calendar Girl", it was a song I'd never heard called "Dinosaur Pet", sung to the tune of "Calendar Girl":

I love, I love, I love my dinosaur pet
Yeah, sweet dinosaur pet
I love, I love, I love my dinosaur pet
Each and every day of the year
January, he's breaking out of his shell
February, he's body's starting to swell
March, at least eight times a day he's got to be fed
April, when he sleeps with me he crushes the bed
Yeah, yeah, how big can he get
I love, I love, I love my little dinosaur pet
Every day, every day, every day, every day of the year


Who knew Neal Sedaka sang kids songs? The kids were mesmerized. They rewound the Neal Sedaka segment about three times. Each time I had to endure Regis attempting to sing, which wasn't fun, but it was fun to watch the kids! The CD is called "Waking Up Is Hard To Do". I'm now wondering if I should get it, or if it would just eventually drive me over the edge?

No comments: