Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Freedom

I felt so free as I walked out of MOPS today. It was the last one at our church for the 2008-2009 season. I felt unencumbered for a number of reasons. Not only did I sleep great (although I still feel wiped out), but the kids and I had a calm morning. And they were good when it was time to leave MOPS as well (they love their teachers, and I'm the mom that always has to leave early. Not a good combo). I always feel lighter when I'm not carrying everyone else's coats, projects, lunches, you name it. It's a warm, breezy day (82 outside, 72 inside). And I got to wear a skirt. That always makes me feel a little lighter on my feet!

Now if only I could get the Colorado drivers to consider trying to go the speed limit! I was going at least good 15 to 20 slower than necessary trying to get to Brandon's school. It doesn't seem like much, but I already have to leave MOPS early as it is just to get him to kindergarten (which is under 3 hours!). Since today's meeting was meeting was more a tea party than anything else, leaving early wasn't an issue. However, I don't want to have to leave any earlier because the drivers here can't get it together enough to go over 25! They haven't ruined my good, lightweight day, but I am considering getting a bullhorn so I can ask the slow ones to move over and let me go by. With my luck, they're hard of hearing, too.

1 comment:

Christa said...

I like these kind of days!