Wednesday, May 27, 2009

End of Kindergarten Wrap-Up


Two more days of school! I can't believe Brandon's kindergarten year is wrapping up. He's come so far with his reading, math, and cognitive thought in sciences. I'm so proud of him! The last week has been a little crazy with end-of-the-year stuff. On top of coming down with something, I can only do so much in his classroom due to having Caitlin with me. Still, I've been able to go see his kindergarten music class sing, hear his published book (which they had original ideas, rough drafts, and re-writes prior to us parents seeing them.), and to celebrate. Yesterday was the zoo, and tomorrow is a beach party (ironic, since we no longer live by the beach).


I think we're both excited about the summer approaching. Excited about no more school. It hasn't been that warm lately, but we've emerged from the strange cocoon that is winter in Colorado. Even though this winter was mild (except for our freezing cold December, in which it was, at one time, 19 below zero), the winds howl through this state. I don't know how anyone would want to live in Wyoming, since the wind is worse there. The wind chill is close to zero most of the time, and we all seem to cocoon in our warm houses. It's quite a change from living in California. But I think that we are all looking forward to the ease of summer. The end of our year-long routines. The ability to gather our thoughts together, be a family, and prepare for the next year. Just this week a new family moved on to our street with a boy Brandon's age, so that is also something to look forward to.

So now I move forward to the end of the year. The end of my crazy, rushed year, with an almost first grader and a soon to be pre-schooler. I'm looking forward to it. Now if I could just get over this head cold!

No comments: