Saturday, March 20, 2010

Losing It

It finally happened. After his grand announcement on February 6th that his gums were loose around his tooth, Brandon lost his first tooth last night. The tooth was practically sticking straight out of his gums (instead of pointing upwards), but yet it wouldn't come out. After much pulling and prying, we asked if he wanted to try tying it with dental floss. He did, so I managed to yank it out. Brandon wasn't very happy with me during the yanking, but got over it quickly when the tooth actually came out.

The funny thing is, it's not the first tooth that was loose. That one is still in. His second tooth came out. The first one is pretty loose, though, so it might come out in a few days. I guess I'll need to wait until he tells me he's ready.

After pulling his tooth, we put it in his tooth fairy pillow that his Nana made for him. He put it under his pillow, and the tooth fairy brought him a coveted gold coin that he so wanted.














Caitlin desperately wanted in on the action. She keep testing her teeth to see if they're loose. Judging by how long it took for her first tooth to come in, she'll be around 12 before she loses a tooth.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I can't believe pulling it out with floss actually worked! I tried that with Coley's first tooth and it slid right off.

Congratulations, Brandon!