Sunday, June 01, 2008

Enough with Illnesses!

Caitlin was sick most of last week. She only had one bout of throwing up - unfortunately for us it was in the middle of the night, and lasted about 4 hours - but she hasn't done anything horrible since then. Her food intake over the next 4 days was equal to about 1 average meal. I was thrilled she ate some Cheerios, but wished for more. Today she requested Cheerios, cheese and peanuts- 5 times! Weird, but at least it was food.

Now it appears that Brandon has whatever Caitlin had. He had one evening of throwing up. Again, not fun, but he at least runs for the toilet, a towel, or a bucket (which is by his bed again tonight). Today he spent all day laying on the couch. He doesn't mind laying on towels (Caitlin screams "No Towels! No Towels!" if you dare lay one anywhere near her), and is entertained by TV. He has no energy, and cries that his tummy hurts whenever he sits up. So, no food. At least we are now getting liquids to stay down.

On top of it all, Brian leaves tomorrow on yet another business trip. Luckily it's only for a few days, but a few short days with two whiny, sick children can seem like a lifetime alone in your house. I am grateful for satellite TV, TiVo, insulation, and air conditioning. It's been warm. And really, what did people use to do before TV when their kids were sick? My life is easy! Guess I just like complaining! I'm also grateful that I've been able to get out during this weekend and get food and other necessities, since it looks like I might not be able to leave the house until Wednesday. At least I'm hoping we can do Wednesday. Brandon's swimming lessons start tomorrow, but I think we'll miss the first day. His lessons are Mondays and Wednesdays during June. I hope we only have to miss one day. Also, the kids love to be carried when they're not feeling well. Due to the broken toe/sprained foot incidents, this hasn't been easy!

I will be happy when I have kids who aren't sick, will eat, and can walk by themselves. Besides, my kids can't afford to lose weight these days. They're having a hard enough time keeping their clothes up as it is!

No comments: