Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hating Flip-Flops

It is really no fun to have to wear flip-flops when it's only 50 degrees and raining. I just *love* having messed up feet! Wearing real shoes still hurts like you wouldn't believe! Even the flip-flops hurt.The sheer force of the footbed of the shoe hitting the bottom of my foot as I walk is really jarring on my left foot. Makes the little toe hurt even more! I thought I was getting better, but after Caitlin's jump out of the car yesterday on to my broken toe, I'm not sure I'm ever going to mend. Good thing I bought some flip-flop slippers at Ross the other day.

Playgroup was at the mall play area, so I went. No one showed up. Who knew that an organized play group was such work? I was involved in one for years in California, and people showed up all the time. It's been raining steadily all day. Kind of like February in Northern California. It's a nice break from the heat, and we need the rain, but it scares the people from leaving their houses. The news last night called for intermittent showers. Around here that usually doesn't amount to much. However, it rained all last night and so far, most of today. Our lawn should be nice and green, seeing that we forgot to turn of the sprinklers. Oops. No one here even likes to go out in the rain. So strange. So, the kids and I played, had some lunch, visited the pet shop at the mall, got Caitlin a t-shirt, and left.

In the rain.

With cold feet.

So much for playing with friends today.

Should have gone to the pool...............

4 comments:

Christa said...

Ouch for the foot, and until it heals. Playgroup, even when you were small the group I did, someone always showed up. Sounds odd. ♥ ♥ ♥
My love to the little ones also.

Anonymous said...

have you considered investing in a pair of Birkenstocks? Styles like Madrid, Ibiza, Arizona, Malibu, Molina, Relax 100, Sydney all have fairly open designs that might be good for your foot, but don't have the thong aspect. The upside is you can wear SOCKS when it's cold. not high fashion, but very california. with my arthritis, i wear Arizona most of the time and they're great. I also like the Boston clogs - you might want to check out the clog styles.

Another potential advantage is the Birkenstock footbed gives you more support and stability than flip-flops, which might help heal faster or at least prevent you from injuring yourself again.

good luck healing!!!!
http://www.birkenstockusa.com/products/women/sandals

Jodi said...

I am relating to the toe in flip-flops thing. My toe is so ugly, I'll need to paint it a dark color, so I don't gross people out!

Ro said...

I'm just kind of tired of *having* to wear the same type of shoes because anything else hurts my feet (both of them). I have some very comfy sandals that I just can't wear. I have lots of other shoes that I just get to look at. Socks get stuck to the tape I have to use to tape my toes together. And my feet are just cold most of the time.

Oh, and Jodi - the "I'm Not Really a Waitress" red polish by OPI covers up just about any bruising. And it's pretty. I think you'd like it. I used it when I got a bruise under my toenail when I was pregnant with my son. I didn't really want to call attention to my feet, but all could wear were sandals. And the color sure looked better than a bruised toenail!