Thursday, October 09, 2008

Last Time in Her Crib

This afternoon was Caitlin's last nap in her crib. Tomorrow the new beds come. And she is ready! Brandon was in his big boy bed a mere two months after turning 2, and Caitlin is just a few months shy of turning 3. It's been hard to find something we liked that would work out in her room (small and narrow with half a bay window). I found a lot of chunky furniture, beds with characters on them, and expensive stuff, but it took a while to find anything that worked. We found something a few weeks back, and made sure it wasn't delivered until after we got back from our trip.

Caitlin was so excited about her new bed that she wanted it right away. I convinced her that she needed to nap first, and got these pictures:



She didn't go to sleep for a while, and was making some funny noises, so I went in and checked on her. I found her with Elmo all wrapped up in her blanky. She said he was "baby Elmo", and proceeded to love on him. It was very cute, and one of her first little attempts to play mommy and baby (she thinks trucks and markers are much cooler).


I have some mixed feelings about the crib going away. I mean, this is the first time in over 5 years that we haven't had the crib set up in our house! It looked so out of place in our little house just before Brandon was born. All set up, but no baby. Now it's part of the family. Brandon always slept great in it. Caitlin did better close to me, but Brandon liked his little crib! Of course, our house was so little that Brandon was only a few steps away, even though he was in another room. I could hear him everywhere, and didn't even use the monitor. I'm happy to be done with the baby stage, but there's a little teeny-weeny part of me that's sad to see it go. My kids are growing up! My how time flies!

**I found the crib instructions today so I could put everything together before posting the crib on Craigslist. Brandon brought them downstairs to me, and asked if they were instructions on how to build a cage! I certainly hope my kids didn't think of their crib that way - but you never know!

No comments: