Monday, March 12, 2007

Finally!

After a few weeks of illnesses (theirs), and fighting off both a cold and allergies (mine - because it was 78 degrees today! In March! Why?), I managed to get the kids in to get their pictures taken. It's only been a year! Never mind the motherhood guilt that I have because they'll only be little kids for a short while! Never mind that I got Brandon's hair cut three times before I managed to get into the studio! Just click here to see their latest pictures. They are cute kids, if I do say so myself. However, I'm a little biased, so I'll let you be the judge. What you don't see in the pictures is me, just out of view of the camera. I would put Caitlin in place, hold her, and then jump out of the picture when the photographer got to the count of "2". Although I find Sears to be fairly pricey for what they provide, the photographer did a great job of coaxing smiles out of both kids, and coaxing a natural smile out of Brandon (not the closed lip, squinty-eyed version that I usually get when I say "smile").

Another thing you probably didn't know about these pictures - I bought their outfits in September of last year (!), and yet was unable to get into the photo studio until now. Very sad. I'm a stay-at-home mom for heaven's sake! These are the same outfits they wore for Caitlin's dedication at Highway. I was quite surprised that the outfits still fit them. Pleasantly surprised that the outfits fit them much better than they did in September. They would have looked pretty goofy in these outfits had I gotten pictures done 6 months ago. Brandon's 3T shirt was almost to his knees back then! Funny how God has a way of working things out - small examples like this remind me of his perfect, yet unpredictable timing.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Cute pictures. Glad the kids are feeling better.