Thursday, March 08, 2007

New Items for Caitlin

Caitlin, as you know, is our little klutz. I say this in love... but seriously, the girl falls off of everything! Sometimes, when she's just standing still, she'll all of sudden sway, and then fall over! It's the funniest thing! I'm not amused by the end of the day, though, when she's clonked her head on the floor for the 47th time. I'm the mom at the playground in the afternoons showing very little sympathy when my daughter falls over yet again on the tanbark. Body by Jell-O.

I was poking around on the internet this afternoon, and found a few great items that would come in handy for Caitlin management. May I present.....

Item #1: The Thudguard

















yes, folks, it's a hardhat for your baby. My baby really needs this. At the cost of almost $40.00, though, she's not going to get it. Maybe I should invest in this, now that I'm thinking about it. The gymnastics lessons later on are going to cost a lot more.

Item #2: The Babykeeper
Laugh if you must (I did). But I could really use this. A place to put my other kid in the restroom? What joy! I've lost count of the number of times I've had to hold a struggling child in a public bathroom when Brandon has to use the toilet. Now that Caitlin is walking, I've put her down when I need to help him. As usual, she inevitably falls down and begins to crawl on the bathroom floor. Gross! Her hands always get washed last. Otherwise, she'd be gross again before we even got out of the restroom! There is a reason I love the bathroom at IKEA - wall seats. Brandon loves the little toilet and little sink. Just his height. I'm still all about wall seats. Let's just hope they come out with the ToddlerKeeper and the GradeSchool Keeper, in case Caitlin's walking skills don't improve much in the future.


And, last but not least ....


Item #3: The baby mop


Heck - if she's gonna keep falling on the floor I might as well put her to good use! :-)



1 comment:

Christa said...

...funny.......I like the one for the bathroom door, I can identify with that. The mop looks good also.