Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Still Around

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the planet. Nothing fun or exciting has been happening lately. I really don't think that those of you out there who may read this are interested in the chaotic ramblings of a tired, frustrated woman with two cranky kids (one of whom is breaking 3 teeth all at the same time. Can you say "fun?"  I can't). Here is a list of things happening at our house:

1) We contacted the moving company, and are moving to Colorado on May 7th
2) I am slowly collecting boxes for packing, although no packing has begun
3) I have been going through Caitlin's future clothes, and must have been zoning out when I originally sorted them. I have 12-18 month clothes in the size 2 box, size 18-24 months in the 3-4 box, etc. I have no idea what I was thinking. Glad I went through them before I hit the stores. Now I don't even have to go near a store. (I'd like to say "thank you" to all my friends who have given me your hand-me-downs. I really, really appreciate it!)
4) She cannot possibly wear all the clothes she has in those boxes.
5) She has more shoes than Brian and I combined!
6) We may have found a place in Colorado to rent. We'll let you know how things turn out later in the week.
7) I'm losing my grip on keeping a clean house. I found 2 sippy cups behind the couch with icky milk in them. Bleah!
8) On the same note, the number of times I have run the Roomba (our robotic vacuum cleaner) and the dishwasher while out of the house has increased dramatically in the last few weeks. We must just be getting messier as a family.
9) I am still hoping that Caitlin, someday, will go through an entire day (just one) without hurting herself in some way. Yesterday she tripped on the doormat and did a forehead plant on the cement in the backyard. Now she has a big red mark with little red scabs on her forehead. Poor thing. She needs a baby faceguard. Do they make those?
10) Brandon has taken up a big interest in trying to read. Let's hope I can keep up with him!

No comments: