Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Horrors of Boating

Dear Diary --
once, when I was about 3 1/2, my mother subjected me to the most horrible or all horribles -- a boat ride! Unbeknownst to me, boating is a fine tradition on my mom's side of the family. Grandpa and Grandma actually took their children on boat rides in infancy! I cannot believe it! And, on top of it all, Grandma had the nerve to tell me that my mother liked it! She couldn't have ... she was only 6 months old on her first boat ride! Mom tells me that she likes the water, and that she use to water ski (and was pretty darn good). Yeah, right. The woman can't even get a good tan... you expect me to believe that she spent a good chunk of her childhood in the water? Dream on! Mom said things changed after getting married and having us kids (go ahead and blame it all on me and Caitlin... Go ahead....we're use to it). I am still shaking with grief and disbelief that I was subjected to all of this at such a tender age. What were they thinking? No wonder I can hardly stand to take a bath! Oddly, my mom tells me that although I screamed and cried during the entire affair, I couldn't stop talking about it after we were finished. She said that I kept saying how fun it was, and how I really liked it. (???) She is soo weird! Anyway, I found these pictures of us on one such boat ride. They are a little agonizing for me, but I take some comfort in knowing that you will see my point after viewing them.

Love, Brandon


Mom and me on the docks before the boat ride. As you can see, I am *not* happy about this.




I am trying to be happy, but it's hard

Grandma and Caitlin (I cannot figure out why she isn't shrieking! Does she actually *like* being on a boat?)

Grandpa and Caitlin


Caitlin trying out her sea legs


Thank you, God! I am finally off the boat!!


My Favorite Part.... Leaving!!!!


(If you want to see a few more pictures of our boat ride, go to our Picasaweb site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good blog, that's about it.
I am hopeful he will get over it and enjoy riding in the boat. It may just take a little time. Eric saw this and was reminded of when he was little and how he acted.