Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today I met Jalyn

Today I met Jalyn. She's cute, she's sweet, we hit it off immediately. She's a girl of few words. At first she didn't know what to say to me. Being that she's never met me before, I wasn't too surprised. However, after a while we were acting like old buds. When I got to the park, she ran over to greet me like she'd know me forever! I grabbed her up in a big hug and tossed her up in the air. There were lots of giggles. She acted a lot like family, actually. She likes to be tossed in the air and thrown around! Jalyn's 22 months old. She's a pale redhead, and matches my two kids. She thinks I'm cool. I think she's cool, too. Then it hit me - why are all the people who think I'm cool under 4 years old? Hmmm..... maybe I need to rethink my friends "issues". Maybe it's me.....Maybe I'm trying to hard to be fun and likeable, and that's why I don't connect with a lot of people. Maybe I just need to hang with the under 4 crowd. Can't get into too much trouble doing milk shots, snacking on dino shaped Ritz, and discussing the subtle, but complex issues of Bob the Builder. I'm all for afternoon naps. Something to think about....

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

It's a surreal experience to read about my kid from someone else's perspective. Thanks for letting me see her from that point of view.

I'm sorry I didn't see you at Highway this morning! I know it's a big week for you, so good luck with it all!

Lisa