Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Domestic Operations Officer

I found my friend Leanne's profile on LinkedIn. She's also a stay-at-home mom, and has 3 little ones. Her title: Domestic Operations Officer. I love it! That describes so much more than stay-at-home mom. I guess I fall into that category, too. My wonderful husband provides for our family, and I raise and maintain it. My current job duties include, but are not limited to:
-24-hour on call service
-facilities and household manager, services include janitorial, laundry, household sanitation, and food preparation
-chief transportation officer
-purchasing agent
-accounts payable and receivable (but mostly payable)
-in charge of daily exercise and nutrition program
-counselor (managing tempers and emotional outbursts)
-head of communications, including interpreting

Don't think for one moment that my husband only contributes monitarily. While I'm not going to go into his list, some major duties at his second job include bus boy, bather, and reader of many stories.

1 comment:

Christa said...

I like that term, however it applies even when you work outside the home. AND stay at home moms are working moms. Anyone who says otherwise is just plan foolish..
it was 103 here today, UGH