Thursday, June 28, 2007

Preschooler Punchlines

My friend Anni has enlightened my world with the blog of Wendi Aarons. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. The blog that speaks the most to me is titled A List of What Are Apparently The Only Eight Punchlines Preschoolers Use for Their Jokes. Oh my gosh! It's my life! The conversation we have *daily* as we are pulling out of the driveway consists of me telling Brandon that we are not going to talk about poo poos or pee pees (or "peeps", as he calls them) when we aren't in the car or at home. I didn't think I would need to have this conversation multiples times per day. However, the necessity is warranted. Otherwise I am the mom in the grocery store has abandoned her cart, hiding one aisle over because her son is singing the "How we go Pee and Poop" song in the vegetable section. Personal references and sound effects are usually included.

All of Ms. Aaron's blog entries have tickled my funny bone, though. I'm still giggling over "Kenny Loggins Must Die". Check it out if you get a chance.

2 comments:

Christa said...

I have to laught at this blog.......it brings back memories of when my oldest was telling some old ladies in the grocery store why her brother was a boy and just exactly what he had that she didn't,,,,,,,, I just wanted to hide....
That doesn't mean that it is funny at the time..
This is all said in love
Love you all

Mike said...

Oh man... "orange you glad I didn't say banana again"...

I was once in the car with my nephew. I can't remember how old he was at the time, but he was really into knock-knock jokes. He told me what must be the longest version of that joke EVER. I swear it went on for at least 10 minutes. My sister finally stepped in and pretty much ordered him to finish the joke, but not soon enough.