Sunday, June 03, 2007

My Best Buy Ever

I went to Macy's today to get some shorts in preparation for the summer. I think I may have 3 pair, and they're all light tan (not a great color for being at parks with little kids). The sun is so intense here that it feels much hotter when you're outside at the park than it did in California (except walking around our old neighborhood in S-Town, which pretty much felt like it does here). Macy's is having a summer clearance, so I got a couple pair of shorts for a decent price. I also found a long sleeved hoodie that not only looked good on me, but was a good catch at $7.50. I decided to buy it for next fall. When the clerk rang it up, it was 1 cent. Yes, 1 cent! A perfectly good, $42.00 hoodie for $0.01! I don't suppose I could do better if I shopped at a thrift store. Score one for trying to be a frugal shopper!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn. From the title I was hoping she had purchased her husband some electronics at Best Buy. oh well.

Christa said...

Great buy. I haven't had the $.01 cent sale yet, but it's great.
Sorry Brian, I'd like to find electronics like that also!

threeforme said...

Holy cow! How did that happen? AWESOME!