Thursday, June 07, 2007

What We Did Today

Nothing horribly exciting. I managed to get up, get showered, and get Brandon off to his June preschool class at the local rec center. It's a nice place, that brand new center! I couldn't put Caitlin down for the fear that I might never see her again. The lure of Brandon's classroom, or the central play area, or the indoor pool, or the elliptical machines.... all fun shiny stuff that Caitlin wants to play with.

After managing to get to class by 9:00, which was no easy feat considering the 60 plus mile-per-hour winds that were blowing around today (it was a struggle to open the car doors, and I wondered if they were going to blow off the hinges once opened!), I also managed to register the car and sign Brandon up for fall preschool. Caitlin was not happy at me for continually putting her in her carseat, and then in the stroller, and then in carseat. Made for a fun outing! According to 2004 census information, the population of Colorado is 4 million plus people (2 million of them living in the Denver metro area alone). The population of California is upwards of 39 million people. This does explain why nothing seems crowded here. When I registered the car today not only did I not wait in any line, but the lady who did the registration just handed me the license plates. Never in my life has anyone at the DMV ever handed me a license plate! It takes weeks, sometimes months, to get them in the mail in California. Although it is fun to be able to go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday and find parking, I do wonder how stores stay in business around here.

Other fun and exciting things we did today:

picked up tree branches out of our driveway and yard
whined
Caitlin rode her bike down the stairs and gave herself a nice bruise on the noggin
Caitlin walked into the same table at the preschool 4 times (not the smartest kid)
Caitlin cried many times
whined some more
did laundry (woo-hoo, I know!)
changed the sheets
whined
fixed the closet doors in Brandon's room (they won't fall off now!)
looked at affordable housing online
still haven't answered any of emails yet (and I'm going to bed anyway!)

No comments: