Monday, September 24, 2007

Recent Stuff

I know, I know, I haven't blogged for a few days! I tend to remember things at times inappropriate to do anything about them (like I think about blogging while driving in the car, or about calling a friend in MN when I'm getting ready for bed). I have caught a cold, and am dealing with that, which makes me not want to do anything. I use to go through my sinus issues/colds in October, which is when the weather gets cold in northern California. I'm doing it a month earlier here. Fall fell in Colorado a few days ago. Last week it was 87. Today averaged 52 degrees. Somewhere in there it hit 59, according to Brian's outdoor thermometer, but I don't think that lasted long. There was hail in Boulder, but just rain here.

  • We close on our house in just 3 days. Although I don't think anything will derail this, I still won't say that we own the house until the deal is done. We know the owner is purchasing a new place, so we're very positive about this. He even gave us his lawnmower, since he's downsizing and won't need it in his new place. Sweet! Thank you!

  • I have started MOPS and a women's Bible Study group. So far so good. I hate the drive to Boulder in slow morning traffic, but that's the only downside. It will be better from the new place.

  • We bought Brandon a story book Bible the other day. He just loves it, and wants to read many many stories each night. Both Brian and I are tired at the end of the day, and don't want to read endless stories, but we don't want to suppress his thirst for Bible stories! I bought the Bible to expand on the stories he learns at church and school, so I need to follow through.

  • I got Caitlin a little storybook Bible at the thrift store the other day. It's in great condition, and was a dollar! Brandon won't share his, and it's driving her nuts. I'm getting tired of the fighting and complaining!

  • Still raining here. I turned on the heater earlier, and put the down comforter on the bed today. As I type, the thermometer says its 46 degrees outside.

  • I've discovered that both kids love whole milk maple yogurt mixed with milk and put into a sippy cup with a straw. Brandon is a big fan of the Danimals drinkable yogurt, but one of the first ingredients is corn syrup. Bleah! Haven't bought it for a while. This isn't easier, but it's so much healthier!

  • Brian just ordered his first pair of shoes online. Yeah, Brian!

  • Our move date is October 12th. As of right now, we haven't packed one single solitary item.

  • Brian will be out of town the week of our move. He comes home the evening of the 10th. He goes to the new house and sets up the TiVo (we got a new HD ready one), and the internet connection. We move the 12th. He leaves again the 13th. If you don't hear much from me that week you'll know why.

  • Caitlin's new word today - Rain. The torrential downpour caused her to look outside and proclaim the weather. Her word last week - Blue. Short for blueberry. Usually used when she wants more blueberries, but has eaten enough for 10 children

That's about it for now. I'm tired, and off to bed.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    oh you poor woman! moving again so soon and with Brian out of town right before and after. hopefully a lot of your stuff is still packed up from the last move??? the good news is you're getting your cold out of the way now and you'll be healthy for the move. take care of that cold. i've had one since friday night, and most of Sun-Mon i was lying down with a cool washcloth over my face wishing my head would just explode and get over it. hope yours is either not that bad or has passed that stage quickly. God Bless!!