Wednesday, January 16, 2008

4 Degrees

So far, this is the lowest that I've seen our thermometer go since we moved to Colorado. However, it's not even 10:30, and they say it should go even lower.

It's been a cold day today. Brandon really wanted to go outside and ride his bike this afternoon. We are right by a great walking path that the kids can ride down free of the fear of cars. From our warm family room in our insulated house, the outside was very deceiving. The sun was out, most of the snow has melted, and it looked very warm. Unfortunately it was 10 degrees! Mommy was just not in the mood to bundle up her children and hang out in the 10 degree weather with a below zero wind-chill factor. I went outside yesterday, and it was a balmy 25 (I was in a sweater, too). The wind-chill just kills you though. I had a scarf wrapped around my head, with the hood over it, just to keep my ears warm. I wonder how many of my neighbors, who are never outside, wondered about the new Muslim woman in their neighborhood. Brian said I should have let the kids stand outside this afternoon without a coat for a minute or two so they could see how cold it was. Instead, I opted for a newly recorded episode of "Word World" and some Cheez-Its. So much for the good mommy theory. TV and crappy snacks seem to make everyone happy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i guess i should stop whining about the 48 degree weather from last evening? in my defense, your place is probably much better insulated than mine, so it was pretty freaking cold INSIDE my place. ;-)

stay warm!

Ro said...

It has been cold here, but we do have good insulation. Even in our garage. Having lived in an apartment that used dust as the main form of insulation, I know exactly where you are coming from! We're all in double layers here, too. We get cold in California. People here think it's just balmy there all year long. Maybe in LA.....

Mike said...

Brrrrr.

It was 40 degrees this morning. I was very cold.

But yes, I also have, roughly, no insulation.