Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Caitlin's 2 Year Stats

Took Caitlin in for her 2 year well-baby appointment this morning. We had an 8:30 appointment. I am not a morning person, so the only reason I do early morning appointments is so Brian can go. Yes, Brian. He who is out of town all week!!! I dragged my sorry, sick butt out of bed early this morning, and managed to get to the pediatrician's office on time. Yeah, me! It was 5 degrees below zero when I got up this morning. Lucky for me it had warmed up a mere 2 degrees before we left. I know, I know, I am a wimp for talking about how cold it is lately, but do you have any idea how many layers of clothing your child must wear in order to go outside in that kind of weather? -3? My kids looked like little sausages in clothes and mittens. All of yesterday's snow had frozen over, so it took a while for the sausages to walk from the car to the pediatrician's office, too. It did warm up to 35 later on, so the sausages got to shed a few layers later on.

Anyway, I digress. Here are Caitlin's 2 year stats:

Height: 35 3/4 inches (95th percentile)
Weight: 25 pounds, 14 ounces (45th percentile)
hat size: 19.4 inches

She has always been around the same height and a few ounces larger than her brother. It changed here. At the same age Brandon was 26 pounds, 8 ounces, and was 34 1/2 inches tall. Although he was heavier at the same age, he was in the 30th percentile for weight. I think we all did a cheer, since he'd made it out of the teens in weight percentile. Woo hoo!

Other Caitlin stats:
**she uses a fork and spoon well. Still sloppy, but getting better
**Has a huge vocabulary.
**Talks in full sentences, and constantly spews facts, such as "Brandon is still sleeping", "Elmo is on the floor", or "Daddy's at work." I love that she can tell me how she feels (happy, sad, tired), or what hurts when she's crying.
**Talks all the time
**Favorite word is "no"
**Very independent. Wants to do it all by herself, all the time.
**Actually went pee pee on the potty yesterday! I think she surprised herself.
**Always wants to be first. Gets that from her brother. "Me first!" is a common phrase around here.
**Still a great sleeper.
**Slowly giving up her pacifiers. The saying at our house is "big girls don't need pacis when they're awake". Paci's are for night or nap only.

On top of it all, she now wants her cuddle time! Yeah! Finally, my second child wants to cuddle. Mommy is happy.

No comments: