Thursday, March 13, 2008

Family Photos

We had family photos taken about a month ago. Some people manage to do this all the time. Their walls are adorned with pictures of their cute families. Me? .... I'm pretty happy if I can get our clan out every few years! I was about a month pregnant in our last family photo, which now seems incomplete without Caitlin.

Due to our severe lack of matching clothing (Brian doesn't have any graphic bulldozer t-shirts from Old Navy, and my jeans aren't embroidered with flowers and other cutsie things), I dressed us all in white shirts with jeans and we headed out to Sears. My objective was for us to stay clean, and to get some nice pictures. I even brought extra white shirts for the kids in case they couldn't stay clean between leaving the house and arriving at the mall. In a ziploc baggie. Just in case I couldn't keep them clean! Although we had an appointment and arrived on time, we still had to wait almost 45 minutes before our session started. Keeping two kids entertained for that long in a place as boring as a photo studio, without food (white shirts, remember?) was hard. Even with two adults. I understand that studios operate on "baby time", but the only babies there were mine!

Luckily, we had a great photographer. She was trapped in the 70's, with long feathered hair and big glasses, but she was fun and made the kids laugh. Caitlin really liked her and kept showing off, which wasn't always fun for me. After half an hour the kids were just done with picture time. Caitlin kept trying to leave with the studio toys. It was past our lunch time anyway, and the kids knew they were going to Chick-Fil-A and then to the mall play area. We even got a few compliments in Chick-Fil-A about how cute the kids looked! Strangely enough, even after my obsession with keeping our white shirts white for the pictures, no one got anything on their shirts - which is no small feat considering we were surrounded by barbecue sauce and ketchup during lunch!

Click here to see our pictures. If you look closely, you can see Caitlin's very uneven bangs in the last picture! And no, I didn't cut her hair. I actually paid someone to do such a professional job.

1 comment:

Christa said...

Cute pictures!