Sunday, March 02, 2008

Signs of Spring

We've had snow on the ground since the day before Thanksgiving. There might have been a day or two in there somewhere when the snow in our backyard was completely melted, but I can't remember. I've enjoyed the weather, but I have missed the ability to go outside (read - take the kids outside) on a daily basis. It's either been too cold (no one wants to run around when it's 23 degrees and cloudy), windy, or snowing. But yesterday.... yesterday was nice. It hit 69 degrees!

We've been seeing signs of spring all week now. Some unknown bulb flowers are popping up in our front yard. It's been almost warm enough to wear a t-shirt (almost). The bunnies that run amok here in Colorado have been back. I'm sure we won't be on good terms when they start eating my flowers, but right now I still think they're cute. It will be nice to see things growing again. Green. Trees with leaves. Grass. Flowers. It is so brown and dreary here. Seriously, it only looks nice when it snows!



We walked down to the the park yesterday for a little fun in the sun. The breeze was small, and there were other kids there. Brandon and Caitlin got to swing, slide, and run around and play. Caitlin, of course, just wanted to swing. I'm not sure what it is about Caitlin and swings, but she'd be happy just swinging at the park for an hour. I was in my t-shirt and capris. Amazingly, I felt hot. It was as if I might break out in a sweat at any time. Imaging that! A sweat! In March. When I was just sitting there.











This picture makes the park looks deserted, but there were quite a few people there today!


Then, today came. 5 inches of snow. Here's the view from our dining room this morning:



It warmed up today to 30 degrees. The wind was bitter cold. I wore my heavy wool jacket. Bye bye spring. It was nice to know you might be here soon.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the pictures!!! thanks for sharing!!

Christa said...

The flowers look like crocus. I had them in Arnold. Looks like you had a fun day at the park. Take advantage of any nice weather that you can.

Jodi said...

That is some WEIRD weather! :)