Friday, July 04, 2008

Big Sur

Please keep the people and firefighters in Big Sur in your prayers. I lived there for several years in the mid to late '70's, at Julie Pfeiffer Burns and Pfeiffer Big Sur State Parks. I've heard that homes of several childhood friends have been burned to the ground already. There is a great deal of brush to burn there, and unless it gets foggy, there won't be much relief. Please pray for those who will not be celebrating this Fourth of July, that they are safe.

To see pictures of Big Sur, click here to go to my Mom's blog. She posted some from a trip a couple years back.

For updates and information on the fire and how the residents are doing, click here.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

That's so scary. We had friends in Santee, California, who had to evacuate their homes last year due to fires. I'll say a prayer for your friends.

Jules said...

I lived in Big Sur for a year in the early 90's. What a magnificent place. I have been praying for the firefighters, residents, redwoods, and wildlife that live there. I remember hearing how devistating the fires can be in that area. Thanks for the pictures.