Saturday, July 19, 2008

Welcome to 2 1/2

Caitlin is 2 1/2 today. Taking a cue from a friend's blog, I decided to interview her on her half birthday and update you on her favorite things....

Food: Blueberries, broccoli, tomatoes, anything Mommy happens to be eating
TV Show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Game: Mario Cart (watching Daddy play it on the Wii)
Snack: Blueberries, peanuts
Juice: apple
Song: "The Wheels on the Bus"
Book: "A Potty for Me", "Here Are My Hands", and "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" (which Caitlin calls "chicken boom boom", and is currently put away because Mommy needed a break from it)
Favorite stuffed animals: Koala and Elmo
Can't Sleep Without: Blankey, Koala and Elmo
Favorite Outfit: Her Elmo jammies
Favorite Activity: swimming, non-stop talking, and anything she can do "all by myself, Mommy!!"

Other things Caitlin loves are her brother, imitating her brother, playing with her brother, reading ("reading") to herself, helping Mommy around the house, and calling her friends on the play telephone. Now that she's a "big girl", she has given up her pacifiers (although not on purpose), and we have started potty training. She's been great with both. She really wants to use the potty all the time, but I'm not pushing the potty training due to travel and having Brian's family here. We'll start training hard-core once we get back to our semi-normal schedule

Does she hate anything? Oh yes... having her hair combed and the ceiling fan in our bedroom. She is very slooowwwlllyyy working through her irrational fear of the ceiling fan. I guess it's all part of being "TWWOOOOOO" - as Caitlin says -and a half!

2 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Nice half-birthday post! I recognize that idea! hehehe

"Chicken boom boom" makes me laugh. And the fact that you had to hide it to get a break from it!

I have 2 copies; maybe Caitlin needs a Half-Birthday present? ;)

Ro said...

Yep - it was your post that gave me the idea... right down the half picture!

"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" has come back out again. I only had to hide it for two weeks. I once hid 2 of Brandon's book for about 2 months! They were driving everyone, including the grandparents, nuts. We told them that the book went to Nana and Grandpa's house. (I'm going to include that in the book I should write later in life - "Lies We Tell Our Kids".)