Thursday, July 24, 2008

Caitlin and Amadeus

We got new neighbors a few months ago. A nice couple with a nice cat - Amadeus. He's a very mellow, old, declawed yellow tabby who just loves attention. He loves it a little more from adults than kids, but he is fabulous at "putting up" with all the attention lavished on him by my kids. I think Brandon and Caitlin would love a cat, but I'm still overwhelmed by just taking care of them sometimes that I think the addition of a kitten might push me over the edge on some days! (Then there's the whole cat-sitter issue when we travel, which makes my head spin even more!) I'm sure we'll get one in the near future, though. Until then, there's Amadeus. And we see him a lot!


We ventured outside yesterday to view a lovely double rainbow after a weak thunderstorm. Amadeus met up with Caitlin. Here's the proof...


Letting Grandpa do the test-run

Taking the initiative

Amadeus is clearly not done, although Caitlin is apparently taking a break


2 comments:

Jodi said...

Ahhh...cute. We have a kitten, and she's a lot of fun. She has been awesome with her litter box, too. When we first got her, she spent time in the laundry room at night and during the day if we left the house. Now we trust her, so she gets to be out all the time. She's been so fun to have around, and now I think cats are WAY easier than dogs! :)

Mike said...

The great thing about cats is how independent they are. If you leave them enough food and water they're fine on their own. I wouldn't want to leave mine for too long, but I leave her alone for long weekends and it's fine (although she does get a little clingy when I get back home).