Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Sister Is Engaged!

MY SISTER IS ENGAGED! my sister is engaged! My sister is engaged! My sister is engaged! My SiStEr Is EnGaGeD!!!!


I think it's safe to blog about this now...

My baby sister, who is almost 17 years younger than I am, got engaged on her birthday, August 11th. Her boyfriend of almost 2 years, Ryan, made a very nice dinner, gave her a photo album chronicling their dating life together, put the ring in the back, and proposed. It's much nicer when she tells it, but still sweet to hear!

I don't have any nice pictures of them together (I have lots of boating pics, but nothing that that shows them smiling), so I stole this one from my mom's photo site. They look nice, and it's recent (for those of you who still picture her being 2, or 5, or 11, or 16).

I'm so excited for her!! Marriage is fun! Only 2 and a half short months until the wedding. And now I won't have to stop myself from saying "Uncle Ryan" whenever I point out pictures to the kids of Aunt Elizabeth and Ryan together. That was hard not to say in July.

No comments: