Thursday, March 05, 2009

We're Still Here!

I haven't really been into blogging lately. I've had a few ideas bouncing around in my head, but nothing cohesive enough to post. Instead, I'll give you the un-blogged, but blogworthy, updates so you know what we've been up to:

*Caitlin got into the preschool we wanted. We were pretty sure it would happen, but we've received confirmation. I can't wait! She is a very attention-hungry child, and I'm sure that preschool will help with that. I also can't wait for few free hours to myself each week. I'll be able to leave the house. Alone. After 6 years. Whatever will I do with myself?

*We had our second parent-teacher meeting for Brandon a week or so ago. He's doing very well at school. His reading has improved. His writing still hasn't. He loves numbers. All in all, it was a positive review. He still has issues with paying attention, and loves to carry on little whispering conversations with friends while his teacher is talking. Wonder where he got that from? Hmmmm...... The conference was student led, so we dropped Caitlin off at a friends house and spend 45 minutes with Brandon as he showed us his artwork, his photos, and his writers workshop papers. It's amazing that he gets so much done in a short 3 hours every day.

*We're all suffering from colds at home. Nothing horrible, but enough for the kids to have runny noses and coughs, and give me a daily, all day headache that only goes away with medication. I've taken more Advil since I moved here than in the several years prior to moving. It's a little worrisome to me that I'm close to emptying my 3rd Costco bottle in a year and a half. But I always seem to hurt!

*Caitlin is over her ear infection, which kept her up nights, and we are thankful!

*Our Life-Group is going well. We are in a group with three other couples with kids, and meet on Sunday evenings in a nearby house. Although it makes Sunday feel very crammed, we look forward to it every week. The kids love playing with the other kids. Brandon's the only boy over the age of one, so he gets lots of girl time. He's adaptable. No worries there!

*Some days I feel like I'm making headway on having a group of acquaintances around here. It's a good thing. Odd, after having being alone with my kids for almost 2 years, but good. And its' good for the kids to hang out with other kids. Even Caitlin's made a few friends. She's very social.

No comments: