Saturday, October 27, 2007

Raking Leaves

Brian mowed the lawn last weekend. It looked fabulous. He drained the sprinkler system today, since the temperature is 33 degrees. It reached a whopping 54 degrees today. Tomorrow is suppose to be 70. I know I talk about the weather a lot, but it's just so weird. Back to my point - Brian mowed our lawn last week. Our little neighborhood is one of tract houses. Two-story, relatively new, nice tract housing, but tract none-the-less. Our HOA has certain rules and regulations (which I have not taken any time to sit down and read), and the big, general one is "keep it nice".
On Thursday, our tree decided it was time to dump half the leaves! Our lawn was covered! Man, it all looked so nice on Wednesday. We were the total conformist family on the block. Then came Thursday. Now we're the crappy lawn family. Can we remember to get lawn and leaf bags at the store? Of course not! I forgot at Wal-Mart. Brian forgot at Safeway. All within 2 hours. I'll probably forget tomorrow when I'm at the store as well!

I've included a few pics of our lawn for your enjoyment. If you haven't bothered to clean up your front lawn, you can now feel a little bit better about yourselves! Both kids wanted to get in on the action. Brandon is trying to handle the huge rake, and Caitlin thinks she is raking with her little broom!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Looks like my yard at school. I don't know if you have Orchard Supply or not, but they have a rake for around $5.00 that would be perfect for Brandon. It has the long handle, but the bottom part is very narrow and it is all plastic. I have 6 for my class - because we have 3 huge trees that dump lots of leaves and the children love to rake them. Then we also do the piles to jump into. Lately I have gotten the pumpkin leaf bags, there fun

Anonymous said...

Hey Rochelle,

I just wanted to say hi. I've been reading your blog keeping up with you and the family.

We are all well out here in Sunnyvale, CA. Just wanted to send congrats on your new home from the Lueckfelds.