Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Two Highlights of My Day

Today was a MOPS day. Since we had to be at the new house by noon to meet the cleaning service, I was the first mom to show up in Brandon's class for pick-up. The leader was just finishing up the story of Moses leading the Jewish people out of Egypt. Now that Brandon has his preschooler bible, he knows all the stories, and was helping the teacher finish. He and his friend Benjy were all full of joy, bubbling over while telling me the story of how they were playing the story of Moses. They were the bad people, according to them, which I think meant that they were the Egyptians. They showed me, in vivid detail, about how they died in the water after Moses and all the Jewish people ran through to the other side. Niiice. My son. The Egyptian. Dying after the parted Red Sea ran back into the sea bed. Can we say active imagination? Since I was the first mom to head into the class, I just had to laugh at how excited the boys were to relay their story of how they drown!

The other highlight of my day? Caitlin tried to say "You're Welcome" this afternoon. It came out as "You're WEK", but in the context of the situation, I knew what she meant. She obeys simple commands, and loves to carry them out. She puts hers and Brandon's sippy cups in the sink. She carries her plate to the counter when she's finished eating (Brandon started doing this about a year ago, when Caitlin use to go for his abandoned plate), and she likes to put her dirty clothes in the hamper. Well, she likes to put all her clothes in the hamper. Makes laundry day fun. I thanked her this afternoon for putting the milk sippy cups in the sink, and she said "You're WEK!"

I'd forgotten about these two cute incidents today. Brandon is such a bear in the afternoons (a whiny, exasperating bear) that i forget about any fun that might have happened earlier in the day. I hope the bad afternoon phase ends. I think the move is making it worse, so I'm hoping that things will clear up in the next month. If not, I may have to check myself into the psych ward every afternoon. I'm not sure how much longer I can handle Brandon's post-nap, afternoon attitude problems!

1 comment:

Christa said...

I can just imagine the 'drama' of Moses and the Egyptians. What a character you have in Brandon, Caitlin too.
An all house humidifer sounds good to me, I hate the dryness.
Can't wait to see your house (in person) send us your address
Love to all