Monday, May 19, 2008

Pre-K Day at the Park

Preschool is almost over. Just two more days. Brandon almost had a breakdown today about that. Doesn't help that 2 of his 3 bestest buddies at school are moving (one instate, but an hour away, and one back to Pennsylvania). Luckily, I was able to distract him.

Today the two pre-k classes, and the preschool class headed down the street to the local park for much merriment. It's really amazing how slowly a bunch of 4 and 5 year old kids can walk! I wasn't thinking, and didn't bring the stroller for Caitlin, so I carried her the whole way there and the whole way back. I think my arms are going to hurt tomorrow. It was only two blocks, but it was two loooong blocks. Probably a quarter of a mile. Not so much fun to carry a 24 pound child that far without a break. My sprained foot started to hurt, but nothing I couldn't handle. I was able to fit into regular walking shoes today. Woo-hoo!

Click on the slideshow to see the album and view the pictures in larger formats.


After playing at the park, the kids had popsicles before heading home. Probably due to the fact there was no water fountain at the park. Some of the moms had real issues with that, but we weren't there for very long. Plus, I came prepared, so that thought didn't really enter my brain at all. Caitlin got her very first popsicle at the park, and she loved it. I was helping to pass out popsicles, so I didn't see her wolf it down. However, I did hear the crying when she was done. She was crying so hard that I thought she'd dropped her popsicle, so I hunted around to see if I could find it. The other mom who was keeping an eye on her said that she did, in fact, eat the whole thing. I guess she was hungrier than I thought! She went nuts for the slushies that the kids had back at the school. She was covered head to toe in pink goo. Her skin was even temporarily dyed underneath her clothes from the slushy! Good thing it all came off in the bath!

Brandon kept telling me all the way home how much fun he had. I'm glad.

No comments: