Thursday, April 10, 2008

Having Fun with Friends

Went up to see my friend Janet today. We use to live by Janet and Rob back in California. They moved to Colorado about 5 years ago, and I never once thought that we'd be living near them again. They're about 45 minutes from our place, which is not that long of a drive (provided there is no school, and no one is screaming in the backseat). Brandon loves playing with Abbey, and occasionally Caitlin gets to join in on the action.

We set out today in blowing snow and fog. I think Coloradoans are scared of the fog, since it's always news when there is fog. And there are always accidents. But being a northern California coastal girl, I don't mind it. The blowing snow on the other hand - not so much fun. It wasn't too bad today. It's been warm - around 50 or so - for the last couple of days, so no snow stuck on the road. Except for one high bridge. The trucks were light, and I only got trapped behind a line of 6 18-wheelers on the way there. The kids were bored, even with listening to music. But if I have to hear "The Wheels on the Bus" one more time, I might just have to crash the car on purpose. Or shoot the CD player. Or break the CD.....


Brandon and Caitlin had a great time when we were there. Brandon didn't even run away from Lucy, Abbey's little shelty dog (who was pretty crazed from having to be in the house during the snowstorm). I even got to see little Sarah, who is only 3 weeks old. She's so little! 6 pound babies just don't run in our family. Caitlin was, of course, extremely jealous, saying "Mommy hold you!" (meaning Mommy hold ME!) whenever I held Sarah.



The kids kept running upstairs to Abbey's room, or down to the basement, which was just not a problem for us mommies. We were happy that they were happy, and also happy that we could talk in the living room without having to shout too much or correct some sort of child problem. Before I left I wanted to take a couple of pictures of the kids. Do you know how hard it is to get 3 rowdy kids to sit still on a bed? Yes, you do. Of course you do. Why did I ask? I managed to get them to sit still. Caitlin must be sitting closer to the edge of the bed since she looks bigger than the other kids. She felt like such a big girl! And then she got hot chocolate. Wow. It's been a big day for Caitlin.







2 comments:

threeforme said...

I think my favorite pic is the one where Brandon looks crazed. So fun.

Ro said...

He was a little crazed. It was hard to make them sit still for a whopping 30 seconds! And it was the best picture of Abbey, so I posted it.